The Thermo Scientific PageRuler Plus Prestained Protein Ladder is a mixture of 9 blue, orange, and green-stained recombinant proteins (10 to 250 kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting.
This prestained protein MW marker is designed for monitoring the progress of SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, for assessing transfer efficiency onto PVDF, nylon and nitrocellulose membranes, and for estimating the approximate size of separated proteins that have been made visible with gel stains or Western blot detection reagents. A blue chromophore is bound to all proteins, except proteins of two reference bands of 70 kDa and 25 kDa that are colored with an orange dye and one green reference band of 10 kDa. PageRuler Plus Prestained Protein Ladder is ready to use: no heating, further dilution, or addition of a reducing agent is required before loading onto a gel.
- Size range – nine proteins spanning 10 to 250 kDa
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels, no need to boil
- Sharp bands – color-coded bands of similar intesity for easy visualization
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Bright reference bands – orange at 70 and 25 kDa, and green at 10 kDa
- Membrane-compatible – colored bands transfer to membranes for Western blotting
- Monitoring protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes after Western blotting
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
For migration patterns under different gel conditions, see Specifications.
26619 – PageRuler Plus Prestained Protein Ladder (50 – 100 applications), 2 x 250µl
26620 – PageRuler Plus Prestained Protein Ladder (250 – 500 applications), 10 x 250µl