For Accurate protein sizing on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
The Thermo Scientific PageRuler Unstained Protein Ladder is a mixture of 14 recombinant, highly purified, unstained proteins (10 kDa to 200 kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting.
Each protein in the ladder contains an integral Strep-tag II Sequence, which can be detected directly on Western blots using a Strep-Tactin Conjugates or an antibody against Strep-tag II Sequence (1-2). The Ladder produces sharp bands on SDS-polyacrylamide gel following staining of the gel with Thermo Scientific Pierce Gel Stains or other coomassie dye or silver stains. The 50 kDa protein band is of greater intensity and serves as a reference band.
- Size range – 14 proteins spanning 10 to 200 kDa
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Sharp bands – excellent accuracy for detection with coomassie or silver stains
- Reference band – 50 kDa band has greater intensity for easy orientation
- Tagged – each protein in the ladder contains an integral Strep-tag II Sequence
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
Accurate protein sizing on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots (see Reference 3)
26614 – PageRuler Unstained Protein Ladder,2 x 250µl