The Thermo Scientific PageRuler Prestained Protein Ladder is a mixture of ten blue, orange, and green-stained recombinant proteins (10 to 170 kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting.
This prestained protein MW marker is designed for monitoring the progress of SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, for assessing transfer efficiency onto PVDF, nylon and nitrocellulose membranes, and for estimating the approximate size of separated proteins (1-3) that have been made visible with gel stains or Western blot detection reagents. The ladder contains one orange reference band at 70 kDa and one green band at 10 kDa.
- Size range – 10 proteins spanning 10 to 170 kDa
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels, no need to boil
- Sharp bands – color-coded bands of similar intensity for easy visualization
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Two reference bands – orange at 70 kDa and green at 10 kDa
- Membrane-compatible – colored bands transfer to membranes for Western blotting
- Monitoring protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes after Western blotting
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
For migration patterns under different gel conditions, see Specifications.
26616 – PageRuler Prestained Protein Ladder (50 – 100 applications), 2 x 250µl
26617 – PageRuler Prestained Protein Ladder (250 – 500 applications), 10 x 250µl