High and uniform absorbency
Whatman 3MM Chr paper is the world’s most widely used blotting paper. This acceptance and usage reflect the high quality, purity,and consistency that are relied upon by researchers doing Southern, Northern, and Western transfers. 3MM Chr paper is now available in the most widely used sizes. A medium thickness paper (0.34 mm) is used extensively in electrophoresis for lifting of sequencing gels.
- Whatman 3MM CHR Blotting Paper (0.34mm thickness), 46x57cm, 100/pkg – WH-3030-917
A general purpose blotting paper (0.8 mm) made from pure raw materials with a high absorbency used as a membrane gel support. A thick paper recommended for the lysis/denaturation of colony or plaque lifts and Western blots.
- GB003 Blotting Paper, 0.8mm thick, 30x60cm, 25/pkg – WH-10426890
- GB003 Blotting Paper, 0.8mm thick, 70x80mm, 25/pkg MIN=60 – WH-10426864
A thick gel blotting paper (1.0 mm) used for wicking purposes only. Provides higher absorbency and more consistent wicking than paper towels. Recommended for applications where fewer layers of gel blotting paper must still ensure a high capacity. Fewer layers of blotting paper reduce the risk of trapping air bubbles. Recommended for capillary blotting of nucleic acids.
A thick (1.5 mm) highly absorbent paper recommended for applications where fewer layers of blotting paper must still ensure a high capacity. Recommended for semi-dry blotting of proteins.
Features and benefits
- Pure cellulose produced entirely from the highest quality cotton linters with no additives of any kind. Ensures that no contamination will occur during the transfer steps.
- Manufactured and tested specifically for chromatographic and blotting techniques. This ensures the wicking capability and uniformity of capillary action that are important in obtaining clean and even transfers during blotting.
- Whatman 3MM Chr is considered the industry standard for blotting procedures.
- Convenient sizes available in sheets precisely cut to the most popular gel and transfer membrane sizes. Allows ‘out-of-the-box’ usage and eliminates sheet-to-sheet variations.
Extra Thick pre-cut Blotting Papers for SemyDry blotting
- Thickness: 2.45mm, size 7 x 10cm.
- Extremely high flow.
- For electrophoresis of large molecules and as blotter to complete the blotting sandwich in gel transfer.