- Made from cellulose nitrate and acetate
- Made from pure cellulose nitrate
- Made from pure cellulose acetate
- Made of pure cellulose, without wetting agents
- Made from pure polyamide
- Made from pure polycarbonate
- Made from PTFE with polyester support
The membrane filters from Schleicher & Schuell MicroScience which are used for microfiltration, have a porous isotropic uniform matrix, a cavity system with polydisperse and anisometric pores. The wide range of 0.02 to 12mm pore sizes combined with a variety of 8 types of membrane material, makes it easy for you to select the optimal microfiltration membrane for your application.
With membrane filters filtration mainly occurs on the filter surface. Particles which are larger than the nominal pore size remain on the filter, smaller particles pass through it unless other interactions within the filter retain them in the matrix. The integrity of membrane filters can be checked. Filtration is noticeably slower than with deep-bed filters.