Mycoplasma Detection & Elimination – By VAZYME
Myco-Blue Mycoplasma Detector (#D101)
* Cell culture supernatant can be used directly for detection.
* Results are obtained after incubation at 60℃ for 1 hr and can be determined by visual observation.
* Accuracy is higher than PCR method, and comparable to qPCR method.
* Suitable for detection of all kinds of mycoplasma that are commonly found in cell culture.
Validated Cell Lines
Validated cells and media serum include (but are not limited to):
* Suspension cells: CHO, NS0, 293F, mouse hybridoma, Sf9, BHK21, etc.;
* Adherent cells: Vero, MDCK, SP2/0, 293T, HepG2, HeLa, A549, MB-MDA231, L929, MEF, etc.;
* Medium: CD FortiCHO, CDM4, Expi 293 Medium, CD Hybridoma, Grace, DMEM, 1640, F12, etc.;
* Serum: fetal calf / calf serum; horse serum; Gibco KSR serum replacement, etc.
Mycoplasma Detection & Elimination – By InvivoGen
Mycoplasma contamination represents a significant problem to the culture of mammalian cells used for research. Mycoplasmas can cause disastrous effects on eukaryotic cells as they can alter every cellular parameter leading to unreliable experimental results and potentially unsafe biological products. Mycoplasmas cannot be detected by visual inspection using a normal light microscope and thus, can remain unnoticed in the cell cultures for long periods.
InvivoGen has developed PlasmoTest™, a cell-based assay that provides a simple, rapid and reliable method to detect all mycoplasma species known to infect cell cultures. More info on Mycoplasma detection
Mycoplasma contamination can be efficiently and rapidly eliminated with the Mycoplasma removal agents, Plasmocin™ orPlasmocure™. They combine two antibiotics that act through different mechanisms and allow mycoplasma eradication in only 2 weeks.
More info on Mycoplasma eradication
|PlasmoTest™||Mycoplasma Detection Kit|
|Plasmocin™||Mycoplasma Removal Agent|
|Plasmocure™||Alternative Mycoplasma Removal Agent|